I used to throw the skin of the watermelon until my husband told me something that I had never known!

I used to throw the skin of the watermelon until my husband told me something that I had never known!

I used to throw the skin of the watermelon until my husband told me something that I had never known!

The observation concerning the consumption of fruits and vegetables is particularly negative. The World Health Organization estimates that up to 1.7 million lives could be saved each year through adequate consumption of fruits and vegetables worldwide. Indeed, these foods help prevent various conditions such as cardiovascular diseases and some cancers.

It is therefore essential from a health and well-being point of view to eat more fruits and vegetables to enjoy their benefits. In addition, some fruits such as watermelon enjoy virtues in both the flesh and skin. So avoid food waste by discovering the incredible virtues of watermelon skin!

The incredible virtues of watermelon skin

Indeed, the skin of the watermelon, and more precisely the white part, contains elements beneficial to the body, including:

Citrulline

Citrulline is an amino acid that keeps muscles functioning fast because it has a high bioavailability, which means that 80% of the amount ingested is quickly found in the blood. The latter makes it possible to increase muscle mass gain with little effort. In addition, citrulline promotes the fight against Water retention and improves weight loss thanks to its diuretic effect and its high fiber content.

Lycopene

The bark of the watermelon is rich in lycopene, an antioxidant that helps fight against the development of prostate cancer and cardiovascular disease. But it is also an ally against the appearance of free radicals, causing skin aging. Lycopene also promotes the protection of skin cells against ultraviolet rays and therefore sunburn.

Vitamins and minerals

The skin of the watermelon contains a lot of vitamins and minerals including vitamins A, C and B6 as well as magnesium and potassium. These are essential for the growth and development of the body as they primarily stimulate the body's defenses and strengthen the immune system.

However, the skin of the watermelon may be difficult to consume in view of its bitterness and slightly bland taste.

Recipe of marinated watermelon skin

ingredients:

  • White part of watermelon skin
  • 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon of honey 
  • 1 half teaspoon ginger powder

preparation:

First, be sure to remove the thin green film from the skin of the watermelon causing the bitter taste and keep only the white part. Cut the white part into sticks then marinate in raspberry vinegar, honey and ginger for one to two hours.

You can use these watermelon skin sticks as condiments to accompany your white meat dishes as well as pieces in salads made from tuna or turkey breast. It is also a recipe to be consumed as aperitif sticks to replace industrialized products, rich in chemical substances and harmful to the body.





Tags :
I, used, to, throw, the, skin, of, the, watermelon, until, my, husband, told, me, something, that, I, had, never, known, I used, used to, to throw, throw the, the skin, skin of, of the, the watermelon, watermelon until, until my, my husband, husband told, told me, me something, something that, that I, I had, had never, never known, I used to, used to throw, to throw the, throw the skin, the skin of, skin of the, of the watermelon, the watermelon until, watermelon until my, until my husband, my husband told, husband told me, told me something, me something that, something that I, that I had, I had never, had never known

Popular posts from this blog

She weighed 300 kilos, now look at her incredible transformation after losing 121 pounds!

How to get rid of facial hair permanently through these house recipes

Drinking this before going to bed burns belly fat dramatically